02 May 2011

Abstract Portraiture.


When it comes to being able to identify myself for others, that’s where my artwork comes in to play. I mainly work with portraiture, abstracly. Ever since I began painting, I have been working on perfecting the portrait, self-portrait especially. But, not in a way that has been done before or that is traditional. I work with a lot of abstract imagery like pixalation, distortion, life-size and/or miniature. I am currently in progress with a series of art deco inspired self-portraits that have a bit of a 50’s pin-up girl like twist. I’ve yet to settle on exactly where I want to go with the concept, but I do know that I want to create a challenge for myself because I really think that as an artist, self-portraits are one of the concepts that we should be constatnly perfecting. When I say perfecting, I don’t mean creating them so that each and everyone turns out a certain way, but I mean developing them to the point where we’ve tried all kinds of ways to create images of our true self until we feel we’ve reached the highest peak, and even then, continue on. We are ever changing human beings, no matter how much we feel as though we’ve “found our true self”, there is always some growth to be done, so why put a standstill to said growth and its continuous process.


No comments:

Post a Comment